Founder of bed linen brand undercoverliving.com, Miriam Tyrangiel, shares her top 5 tips for better sleep.
1. MINIMISE DISTRACTIONS Make your bedroom a space of serenity and calm. If you’re going to declutter one room in your house, make it the bedroom. Clear your space to clear your mind and you’ll go off to the land of nod in no time.
2. LET IT BREATHE Go for breathable fabrics, in your pyjamas as well as bed linen, to let your skin breathe. Undercover’s signature cotton-TENCEL blend is ideal: it combines the best cotton with TENCEL, a plant-based fabric known for its softness and enhanced breathability.
3. WORK OUT Studies show that exercising regularly can improve the quality of your sleep. Apparently you need to be working out regularly for at least 16 weeks to see results and avoid exercising 3-4 hours before going to bed.
4. LET YOUR MIND WANDER I find spending only 10-15 minutes reading something in bed will help me fall asleep. I prefer fiction or something totally unrelated to my day-to-day. Something fairly dry and technical will also do the trick.
5. STAY COOL Because your body heat peaks in the evening, a slightly cooler room will help you fall asleep more easily. Undercover’s TENCEL bedding is also temperature regulating, an additional bonus to help you stay comfortable at night.
Find out more about Undercover at undercoverliving.com, or instagram.com/undercoverliving